Preventing Slips and Trips in the Workplace Certification
Slips, trips and falls in the workplace are one of the biggest causes of increased employee absenteeism, insurance costs and lowered productivity. By implementing stringent risk assessment procedures and regular inspections, you can significantly reduce the risk of accidents. Responsible employers understand that they have a legal and moral duty to promote employee health and wellbeing, by creating a safe work environment.
This course on slips and trips explains the following topics in detail:
- The importance of maintaining a safe workplace environment for employees, as well as visitors; understanding the negative effects of employees working in a risky environment, which increases the likelihood of slips, trips and falls;
- Common hazards found in workplace environments, including trailing cables, contaminated and uneven floor surfaces, poor lighting, unguarded stairs, clutter and improper cleaning methods;
- The selection of appropriate footwear, including the design of the outer sole and the materials used to make the shoes; the tread and cleat pattern, as well as the tread depth.
- Preventative techniques, in order to eliminate risks, including conducting risk assessments, training cleaning staff to use proper techniques and educating employees to immediately report any spills;
- Other control measures, including providing education and training to employees and cleaning staff, providing adequate lighting, installing ramps and railings along stairs, using proper mopping and spill clean-up techniques and unclogging drains.
Important benefits of studying the course include:
- Improved levels of wellbeing, health and happiness amongst employees
- A minimisation in employee absenteeism, a reduction of sick days and insurance costs
- Gaining a well-deserved reputation as a responsible and caring employer
- The maximisation of productivity and profits.