Operations Management Certification Level 2
Divided into 10 comprehensive and easy-to-follow modules, this course covers everything that an employee needs to know regarding operations management.
Starting with a general introduction to operations management, each module provides the technical and managerial knowledge and skills necessary, in order to progress in the profession.
The course is designed for people already working as an operations manager, as well as those who have been identified as having the potential to work in this field. It is particularly useful for those who have previous experience within operations and wish to take the next step into management. However, the course does not require previous knowledge or experience in the sector.
What’s Covered in the Course?
- An introduction to operations management, its purpose and key principles, as well as an examination of what successful operations management looks like;
- The technical skills and personal attributes that you need, in order to become a good operations manager and how to develop your career in the field;
- A definition of supply chain management and specific information relating to the areas of purchasing and inventory management;
- The roles of product development, design, distribution and marketing in supply chain management;
- How to ensure quality across the different phases of operations management – quality standards and dealing with legal regulations;
- The parallels between operations management and project management and the use of new project methodologies, such as Six Sigma, lean production and continuous improvement;
- Effective methods of managing people – employees, contractors and suppliers – and your legal responsibilities towards these parties;
- The financial aspect of operations management – cost management and cost reduction throughout the organisation, plus a working knowledge of common financial documents, such as budgets, balance sheets and asset registers;
- The importance of sustainability and environmentally-friendly initiatives and how operations management can support this area;
- How to draw up a robust corporate social responsibility strategy for the organisation;
- Common reasons for disputes and ways in which to avoid and resolve conflict.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- The course provides knowledge and skills specific to the operations/production environment;
- Team members can study from home, on any device (PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone) or anywhere with an internet connection;
- The ability to study at a pace that is comfortable for the learner and the organisation – there is no time limit for this course, and learners may complete the course, without it interfering with their work duties.