Introduction to Criminal Psychology
Criminal psychology is the study of various aspects of criminal behaviour. As such, it examines the innermost motives, thoughts, and beliefs that steer criminals towards the actions they take. Criminal psychologists have a great responsibility when it comes to understanding the various aspects of felons, victims and criminal justice systems.
While it may be fun to watch someone pretending to be a criminal psychologist on a TV show, being an actual criminal psychologist is a completely different matter. In this course you will learn what being a criminal psychologist actually involves and the steps you need to take to pursue a career in this field.
The course is full of information about the skills, duties and different roles that a criminal psychologist has and is an ideal starting point for those that are interested in a career as a criminal psychologist.
You Will Learn:
- What criminal psychology is
- What techniques are used by psychologists
- The benefits of being a criminal psychologist
- What is required to become a successful criminal psychologist
- What to expect when working within the criminal psychology field
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will have a deeper understanding of the role of a criminal psychologist
- You will be able to assess your suitability for the role before committing to further courses
- You will see how techniques such as profiling, interviewing and case linkage are used to assist authorities with cases
- You will have a clear understanding of the different pathways you can take when training for a career in criminal psychology