Foundation in Business Skills
The Foundation in Business Skills course is the perfect choice, if you have staff members who are early on in their career and wish to gain an all-encompassing knowledge of what it takes to run a successful business.
Spread across 16, easy-to-follow modules, students will gain skills in a multitude of business-related areas, including finances, strategies and marketing, giving them the tools that they need, in order to really contribute towards the success of your business.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The well-structured modules of this course cover in detail the following areas:
- The basics of starting a business – from idea generation and business planning to building a strategy and identifying the target market;
- The financial aspects of a business, including initial set-up costs and financing options, as well as ongoing financial needs and requirements, such as cash flow, forecasting, keeping accounts and budgeting;
- How marketing can benefit a business by attracting and retaining customers; this module also includes useful information regarding social media advertising;
- How to effectively create a brand for your business, to ensure that it is attractive within the marketplace;
- What to consider when employing staff, such as recruitment, training, legal considerations and getting the best from your employees;
- Common business administrative requirements, such as the type of insurance that the business may benefit from, what taxes are required and how to pay them and the importance of keeping abreast of appropriate legal and regulatory issues that affect the business;
- How to effectively use technology in your business, including the importance of a well designed website in attracting customers.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
There are a whole host of benefits of taking the Foundation in Business Skills course:
- The structured certification can help to accelerate the student’s career;
- Your business will benefit from having employees who are knowledgeable about what it takes to run a successful enterprise, and you will be rewarded by knowing that you are investing in the future of your team members;
- There are no entry requirements, so your employees needn’t worry about having the right qualifications, in order to apply;
- The course content is online and structured in a modular fashion, so students can study at their own pace, in a place and at a time that suits them.