Food Allergen Awareness Certification
Food allergies are triggered by allergens – certain proteins found in foods. Allergic reactions can be severe and even life-threatening if you are unable to properly identify, manage, and treat them. Because the amount of people affected by food allergies is rising, awareness of allergens is increasing worldwide. It’s therefore of utmost importance to remain well-informed and have an action plan in place in case of a reaction.
This course will provide an introduction to food allergens, with the result of increasing awareness and knowledge surrounding the subject. We will also be looking at the effects that food allergies may have on the body, to increase confidence and minimise the risks associated with allergic reactions.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between food allergies, food intolerance and coeliac disease
- What foods are most likely to cause an allergic reaction and how to avoid them
- How allergens are listed on food products
- How food allergies are diagnosed and how this may help you manage them
- About the actions to take in the event of an allergic reaction
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will gain insight into what allergens are
- You will learn more about identifying allergens in specific foods
- You will understand why it is important to be aware of allergic reactions and what some of the symptoms are
- You will gain insight into the legal responsibilities of those in the food industry with regards to the labelling of allergens
- Your knowledge will allow you to prevent or minimise allergic reactions