Equality, Diversity & Discrimination Awareness
We’ve all heard and used the words ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ before but what do they actually mean and how do they affect you as an employer or employee?
Well if you take the words on their own they are actually quite different, equality is the state of being equal, especially in rights and opportunities.
Diversity is the state of being different or varied.
However these 2 things should not be seen as opposite to each other, after all people can be different but they still have the same rights.
When it comes to places of work there is legislation in place to ensure that we all meet our responsibilities in relation to equality and diversity… And one way to make sure we meet these responsibilities is through training.
What you will Learn / Course Modules
- What is Equality & Diversity
- Equality and Diversity Legislation
- What do we Mean by Discrimination
- Promoting Diversity
- Links Between Values, Attitudes and Beliefs
- Stereotypes, Prejudices and Discrimination
- Institutional Discrimination
- Valuing Others
- Resistance to Feedback