Disability Awareness Certification
People with disabilities represent a large untapped labour pool, offering valuable skills, qualifications and assets for employees, yet they continue to be restricted when it comes to participating in the workforce.
Disability crosses all barriers and it’s important that employers and businesses begin to increase their standards of diversity to include employees with disabilities. By removing unfair discriminatory barriers and making reasonable accommodations for their needs, employers can benefit from the skill sets that people with disabilities offer.
This course aims to help you and your business understand the benefits of recruiting and hiring individuals with disabilities and guide you in opening your application process to all possible candidates.
You Will Learn:
- About the barriers that people with disabilities face when looking for employment
- What the benefits of employing staff with disabilities are
- The role that HR plays in recruiting and hiring people with disabilities
- About recruitment strategies that can help increase your access to potential applicants
- Tips on interviewing people with disabilities
- About proper disability etiquette in the workplace
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will learn how to remove discriminatory barriers in your workplace by making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities
- You will be able to increase the variety of skills in your workplace by ensuring that all potential candidates are able to apply
- Your staff will benefit from increased productivity, creativity and diversity
- You will be able to provide a wider range of services
- You will be better equipped to deal with disability awareness, both in the workplace and society