Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
People with borderline personality disorder struggle with pervasive emotion regulation. They are unable to identify their feelings or emotions, lack the skills they need to manage their emotions and often develop problematic behaviours, such as self-harm, suicidal thoughts and substance abuse to help them cope.
Dialectical behaviour therapy was developed to help such people understand the relationship between emotions, thoughts and behaviours. The therapy is based on the notion that changing one of the elements changes the other elements. For instance, changing behaviours also alters related emotions and thoughts, and so on.
Dialectical behaviour therapy or DBT differs from other psychotherapy treatments in many ways. It looks at the patient holistically, using a custom approach that meets their treatment needs. It assesses how an individual’s mental health impacts their problem and vice versa.
This course provides details on everything you need to know about DBT.
Firstly, it defines DBT and how it works to help treat various issues related to mental disorders.
Next, it covers various components of DBT and what is often involved in treatment.
It goes on to discuss the various DBT treatment modules and their main focus.
Finally, it states the many benefits of dialectical behaviour therapy.
You Will Learn:
- The meaning of DBT and how it works
- The difference between DBT and cognitive behavioural therapy or CBT
- The components of DBT
- The treatment modules
- The mental issues that DBT can treat
- The benefits of DBT in the treatment of complex mental disorders
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Determine if you are suffering from a mental disorder
- Determine if DBT can help you cope with your emotional issues
- Learn the benefits of DBT as a form of treatment
- Learn how to set goals and achieve them
- Develop healthy relationships
- Get motivated to take a career in DBT to help people coping with emotional distress
- Improve your quality of life or that of someone close to you
- Decide to go for DBT therapy to help you overcome trauma
Taking this course can help you: